Amber recently posted a video via her official Instagram account in which she talks about Double Dose and the Davis Way Crime Caper Series, sharing her thoughts while she was taking a break from recording the audiobook. To watch the video click the link below and sign in or sign up for an account.
Amber and Gretchen first began working together in 2014 when she narrated Double Dip the second book in the series.
She took over from Dina Pearlman who had narrated Double Whammy when it was first released in 2013. In January 2019 Amber narrated the anniversary edition of the Double Whammy audiobook released as an Audible exclusive. Meaning that Amber has now narrated the audiobook version of every novel in the series to date:
Double Whammy (Audible Exclusive re-release)
Double Dog Dare
If you're not familiar with the series it centers on Davis Way, who is part of the elite security team at the Bellissimo Resort and Casino in Biloxi Mississippi. Davis and her team have dealt with thieves, con men, murderers and more while risking life and limb more than once.
I have included the publisher's summary of Double Dose as listed on Audible.co.uk below. This is for informational purposes only no copyright infringement is intended.
Listen to Double Dose as directed to learn:
1. Working Mom Davis Way Cole's secrets for fostering positive relationships with school administrators at her twin daughters' preschool;
2. Casino Spy Davis Way Cole's reasonable explanation for why she's never been asked to chair an event for the Welcome to the Casino Neighborhood Club;
3. Wife Davis Way Cole's tips and tricks for delivering devastating news to her husband;
4. Daughter Davis Way Cole's best practices when it comes to interpreting gibberish communication from her aging mother;
5. Celebrity-Double Davis Way Cole's advice when it comes to talking her celebrity boss into putting on some clothes already for Pete's sake;
6. Team Leader Davis Way Cole's managerial methods of persuading colleagues to dive right into a situation she's been told to leave alone;
7. Employee Davis Way Cole's step-by-step guide for hogtying her bald boss when he's out of control;
8. Tech-Savvy Davis Way Cole's cyber shortcuts when cloning a halter-wearing psychobabbler's phone, then using it to set up a makeshift computer on the television in her living room;
9. Dog Mom Davis Way Cole's recommendations for training smart and loyal canines; and
10. Superwoman Davis Way Cole's suggestions for surviving the single longest day of her life, which, she can tell you right now, would've been way shorter without the rabbit.
©2022 Gretchen Archer (P)2023 Tantor”
Double Dose audiobook is unabridged. The audiobook is available to buy from Audible both here in the UK click here and in the USA click here, both sites offer the facility to buy the audiobook for a one-off fee for non-members.
Audible also offers a range of packages where in return for a regular monthly fee a user is entitled to download Double Dose as well as access to a vast library of audiobooks also available on the site. The number of books you can download in the month will depend upon your individual package, for full details see the respective Audible websites.
I'm really looking forward to listening to the latest instalment of one of my favourite series of books. Amber uses her vocal talents to bring Gretchen’s words off the page and makes them all sound so different, she really does give an extra dimension to Davis’ adventures. If like me you love mysteries and Amber then you need to check out this series.
Disclaimer: AmberBenson.TV is not involved in any way with the writing, or production of Double Dose in either paperback or audiobook form. We have no connection to Audible. All rights belong to Gretchen Archer and Tantor Media. This post is for informational purposes only. We are simply trying to spread the word about another exciting audiobook narrated by Amber Benson.